Fluff Laundry Mail!

I finally got my Crunchy Clean cloth diaper detergent and my Grovia Mighty Bubbles cloth diaper stripping powder! I know I've been bombing my blog lately with cloth diaper related posts. I'm sorry, lately I've just had cloth diapers on my brain! It's comparable to baby fever - I have cloth diaper fever!

This cloth diaper fever nonsense makes me want to buy more diapers! Which isn't a terrible thing, because I intend on upgrading my stash. I HATE microfiber. I want to destash all of my microfiber. I've tried many different types of cloth diaper materials and I've come to the conclusion that I would like all of my cloth diapers to either be made of cotton or bamboo material. Preferably most being regular or hybrid fitteds. And to save money, I'm going to try my hand at sewing my own. I am in no way an experienced sewer. Luckily, my mom (who owns the sewing machine I'll be using) is going to help me, along with a few guides and youtube videos I bookmarked.

Anyway, back to the topic: my new cloth diaper laundry detergent! Immediately after opening the Fedex box, I could smell the light & fresh scent of my Crunchy Clean, which is Baby Bee Scented. It didn't smell very fruity even though the scent is supposed to be a tropical fruit mix, but it was pleasant nonetheless.

The instructions for both the Grovia Mighty Bubbles and the Crunchy Clean were fairly simple. Just click to enlarge the pictures:



I feel I should mention this before going any further into this post: the washing machines we use suck. They just flat out suck. We don't own them; we live in apartments and use the apartment complex's laundry facilities. They have 3 options: hot, warm, or cold. Yeah, one of my dreams is to own my own washing machine with lots of neat different washing options :). It would make cloth diaper laundry so much easier.

Alas, my new products seem to have done the trick. My first wash consisted of just one Grovia Mighty Bubbles packet, but I found my PUL-lined diapers still weren't as fresh as I would like them to be. So I did a second wash with the Mighty Bubbles. Much better :) ...Aside from my microfiber, of course - I am now seriously convinced that my microfiber is going to need a nice bleach wash to cure its stink. Like I said, I hate the stuff.

After washing the diapers in my Crunchy Clean for a finishing touch up, I found that the Baby Bee scent's fruitiness came out. It was still the same light, crisp smell, but with more of a fruity hint. It smells lovely. I can't wait to use it again.

Overall, my diapers look super bright and clean this fine day! I'm pleased with my new goodies.


2 comments:

  1. Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Veronica! I'm glad you stopped by :)

      Delete